Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Heart Revealed by Julie Lessman

Ten years ago, Emma Malloy fled Dublin for Boston as a battered woman, escaping the husband who scarred her beautiful face. The physical and emotional wounds have faded with time, and her life is finally full of purpose and free from the pain of her past. But when she falls for her friend Charity's handsome and charming brother, Sean O'Connor, fear and shame threaten to destroy her. Could Sean and Emma ever have a future together? Or is Emma doomed to live out the rest of her life denying the only true love she's ever known?

Filled with intense passion and longing, deception and revelation, A Heart Revealed will hold readers in its grip until the very last page.

I GIVE THIS BOOK: 5 Stars

MY THOUGHTS:

Since the first time I read about Emma Malloy, I have wanted to see her with a happy ending and I am glad to say it has finally come! The story didn't end the way I expected, but it was exceptional! I loved how the story included sub-stories with Charity & her husband and newlyweds Katie & her husband - since Charity is my favorite character this made it extra special.

I always wanted Emma and Sean to get together, ever since their first meeting I felt a spark between them, but because the ring on her hand belongs to another man that was never a possibility.

The trials Emma has gone through are heart-breaking and I learned in this book that Sean has gone through many of his own too. I knew of Emma's abusive husband before I read this book, but this story goes into much more of the details of that abuse - nothing too graphic, but you see how crazed with unfounded jealousy he was.

'A Heart Revealed' is Julie's best work to date - though my personal favorite is still 'A Passion Redeemed'. Julie just keeps getting better and better as an author and I can't wait to read her next book - which sadly is going to be the last book in this series. I highly recommend this book, but since all her books to date are about the same family, be sure that you read all three books in the 'Daughters of Boston' series and then book one in the 'Winds of Change' series first - so you won't spoil any of it for yourself.

Purchase at Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment