Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Colonel's Lady

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at breakingthespine.blogspot.com, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Colonel's Lady
Publication Date: August 1, 2011

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com):

In 1779, when genteel Virginia spinster Roxanna Rowan arrives at the Kentucky fort commanded by Colonel Cassius McLinn, she finds that her officer father has died. Penniless and destitute, Roxanna is forced to take her father's place as scrivener. Before long, it's clear that the colonel himself is attracted to her. But she soon realizes the colonel has grave secrets of his own—some of which have to do with her father's sudden death. Can she ever truly love him?

Readers will be enchanted by this powerful story of love, faith, and forgiveness from reader favorite Laura Frantz. Her solid research and deft writing immerse readers in the world of the early frontier while her realistic characters become intimate friends.



Book Details:
  • Paperback: 416 pages
  • Publisher: Revell (August 1, 2011)
  • Language: English
    • ISBN-10:
    •  
    080073341X
        • ISBN-13: 
    978-0800733414




Blogaholic Designs”=

6 comments:

  1. This isn't the usual genre that I read in, but this does sound interesting!

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. Can't wait for your review. Thanks for visiting my blog and entering the giveaway! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stuff like this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with some of the others - not my usual thing, but it sounds interesting. I'm curious. Great pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura Frantz is at the tops of my favorite authors list! The Frontiersman's Daughter and Courting Morrow Little were both amazing, and I have no doubt The Colonel's Lady will be the same!

    Courting Morrow Little recently finaled in the Carol Awards (as did TFD last year!).

    I can't wait for TCL!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. We seem to like similar books.
    I am visiting from Blogaholic.
    I am now following you on GFC.

    http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete