Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Footprints Prayer

One night I had a dream... 
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and 
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. 
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; 
One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord. 
When the last scene of my life flashed before us, 
I looked back at the footprints in the sand. 
I noticed that many times along the path of my life, 
There was only one set of footprints. 
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest 
 and saddest times in my life 
This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it. 
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, 
You would walk with me all the way; 
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, 
There is only one set of footprints. 
I don't understand why in times when I 
needed you the most, you should leave me. 
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious 
child. I love you, and I would never, 
never leave you during your times of 
trial and suffering. 
When you saw only one set of footprints, 
It was then that I carried you.

Read more: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/footprints-prayer.html#ixzz1yLeuhQ00


Blogaholic Designs”=

0 comments:

Post a Comment