Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Many Hands by Dale Smith (Review)


The Nor' Loch is being filled in. If you ask the soldiers there, they'll tell you it's a stinking cesspool that the city can do without. But that doesn't explain why the workers won't go near the place without an armed guard. That doesn't explain why they whisper stories about the loch giving up its dead, about the minister who walked into his church twelve years after he died. It doesn't explain why, as they work, they whisper about a man called the Doctor. And about the many hands of Alexander Monro.

Featuring the Doctor and Martha as played by David Tennant and Freema Agyeman in the hit series from BBC Television.


I GIVE THIS BOOK: 5 Stars



MY THOUGHTS:
This was such a great DW story! I loved how every action by both the Doctor and Martha fit perfectly with their on-screen personas. Every time the Doctor was saying something or doing something in the book it was very easy to read it in David Tennant's voice and visualize him acting that way, which is so nice.

The monsters in the story were super creepy and not at all what I thought they were going to be. There were so many funny lines, that I was smiling so often it was ridiculous.

I loved that the story took place in Scotland, and when it said the Doctor had a Scottish accent I was hearing the accent David used in the episode Tooth and Claw.

Fans of Doctor Who should love reading The Many Hands - I know I did! :)

If you found this review helpful, will you please click yes HERE. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment