Thursday, March 10, 2011

Plain Perfect by Beth Wiseman

Plain Perfect (Daughters of the Promise, #1)Plain Perfect by Beth Wiseman





(From Back Cover)

On the rolling plains of Lancaster County, PA., Lillian Miller is searching for her grandparents' house.... and so much more. After years of neglect and abuse, she's turning to a lifestyle of simplicity among the Amish to find herself.

As she discards the distractions of her former life, she befriends the young boy working on her family's farm and his attractive widowed father, Samuel Stoltzfus. Despite Lillian's best efforts to the contrary, her feelings for Samuel---and his for her---deepen. Will Lillian find her faith in Plain living, or will she be forced to return to her former life?

I give this book ★★★


My Thoughts:


I am a person that loves Amish fiction and while "Plain Perfect" was enjoyable, a part of me couldn't really get into the story. I thought the characters were underdeveloped and that the story line was predictable. The Amish books by Marta Perry, Amy Clipston and Beverly Lewis are much more enjoyable and very well written. I still plan to read the rest of a "Daughter of Promise" series, but if you are someone who only reads a few books I wouldn't recommend this one.


This is the 1st book of the "Daughter of Promise" series.

Blogaholic Designs”=

0 comments:

Post a Comment